Is this the Provo Marathon?
I recently heard about the Provo Marathon. Is this the same race, or is there a different Provo Marathon?
Some confusion exists with the name “Provo Marathon”. The name of our race is the Utah Valley Marathon. The Utah Valley Marathon occurs in Provo, Utah, and often people will refer to this race as the “Provo Marathon”, because of the location of the marathon. What causes confusion is that there are actually two other marathons in Provo. One is literally called the “Provo Marathon” and has between 7-50 participants a year. The other Provo Marathon is called the “Provo City Marathon”. The Provo City Marathon is a newer marathon that draws a couple hundred runners. The Utah Valley Marathon is the Provo Marathon that most people are referring to as the Utah Valley Marathon draws thousands of participants and sells out each year. We apologize for the confusion that the location and names of other marathons in our city may cause. We hope you will join us at our next “Provo Marathon” the Utah Valley Marathon in June.
Why should I run in your Provo Marathon?
There are several reasons why we think you should run in the Utah Valley Marathon.
- The Utah Valley Marathon is a USA Track & Field sanctioned event with a certified course.
- Our Provo marathon is well respected enough to be part of the Utah Grand Slam, which consists of 4 prestigious marathons throughout Utah.
- The race benefits the Children with Cancer Christmas Foundation & Charity Vision. These two charities are also run entirely by volunteers, so that all the money we donate to them can help the children in need.
- In January 2013 the Utah Valley Marathon was named Small Business of the Year by the Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- The Utah Valley Marathon has been featured in both Runner’s World Magazine and Running Times.
Please support our Provo marathon and sign up today!